Questions about the UF

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Cdiddy

7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
One of the school I am looking at applying to in a couple of years is the University of Florida. I am currently in GA and I am wondering if anyone has any insight into how they look at out of state applicants. I have heard that they really only look at your science gpa. Does anyone how they look at out of state applicants.

Thanks

Chris

Members don't see this ad.

There is a girl in my class at UF from Georgia, but everyone else is from Florida. It's a state school, so they tend to prefer residents. You can get a list of their prerequisites at www.cop.ufl.edu. They are specific on courses and all attempts count towards your GPA. No grade replacement is allowed.

So they don't accept AP credit?

Members don't see this ad :)
No, they don't accept AP credit. If you are still in high school, you have to do dual enrollment for college credits.

Dang it, I was planning to apply to UF this fall, but I guess that's out of the windows now, since I got 2 semesters credits for physics. I don't think I have time to take those classes over again.

This fall? The deadline's come and gone. If you mean next fall then you have plenty of time...you don't have to have prereqs complete until the summer before entering.

From our class stats they accept about 95% in state, 5% out of state.