• Please review the updated member agreement. Included is a new statement supporting the scientific method and evidence-based medicine. Claims or statements about disease processes should reference widely accepted scientific resources. Theoretical medical speculation is encouraged as part of the overall scientific process. However, unscientific statements that promote unfounded ideological positions or agendas may be removed.

Cdiddy

7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Dec 3, 2003
Athens, GA
Visit site
Status
One of the school I am looking at applying to in a couple of years is the University of Florida. I am currently in GA and I am wondering if anyone has any insight into how they look at out of state applicants. I have heard that they really only look at your science gpa. Does anyone how they look at out of state applicants.

Thanks

Chris

dgroulx

Night Pharmacist
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Jan 10, 2003
Woodinville, Washington
Status
Pharmacist
There is a girl in my class at UF from Georgia, but everyone else is from Florida. It's a state school, so they tend to prefer residents. You can get a list of their prerequisites at www.cop.ufl.edu. They are specific on courses and all attempts count towards your GPA. No grade replacement is allowed.

goheel

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Aug 14, 2003
Raleigh, NC
Visit site
Status
So they don't accept AP credit?

About the Ads

dgroulx

Night Pharmacist
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Jan 10, 2003
Woodinville, Washington
Status
Pharmacist
No, they don't accept AP credit. If you are still in high school, you have to do dual enrollment for college credits.

goheel

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Aug 14, 2003
Raleigh, NC
Visit site
Status
Dang it, I was planning to apply to UF this fall, but I guess that's out of the windows now, since I got 2 semesters credits for physics. I don't think I have time to take those classes over again.

moobymaster

7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Dec 1, 2003
Orlando, FL
Visit site
Status
This fall? The deadline's come and gone. If you mean next fall then you have plenty of time...you don't have to have prereqs complete until the summer before entering.

Malissa

10+ Year Member
Sep 21, 2004
Status
From our class stats they accept about 95% in state, 5% out of state.

About the Ads