Questions about UoPenn

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

DeeEmDee

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
I'm considering going to Penn. I know there are a few Penn students here so can someone please answer a couple of questions for me:

1. For 3rd and 4th years, what time do classes start and what are the clinic hours?

2. Is attendance taken at all 3rd year didactic classes?

2. How many complete dentures do you have to do in the clinic in order to graduate?

Thanks in advance.

Members don't see this ad.

Thanks for considering Penn. Here are the answers:

1. With the exception of a two week block of classes around Labor Day, third year students have just one class per day, and every day it starts at 8am and runs until about 9:30am. Clinic for third years is 10am to 1pm and 2pm to 5pm on your clinical on-days (alternating between 3 days one week and 2 days the next). During fourth year, there are no classes and there is an additional clinical session from 7:30am to 10am if you want to go.

2. There are attendance quizes taken in a few of the third year lectures but not many. You would have no problem skipping most if you wanted to.

2b. You need to complete seven arches of dentures to graduate for our class (three each of complete and partial and one additional), though requirements could change for later classes.

Thanks a lot my friend. Your answers were very helpful.

Just one more question: is there any summer break at all for juniors and seniors? The calendar seemed to indicate 2 clinic sessions running the length of the summer.