Questions about Wheeling Jesuit University's interview process

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Jersey DPT

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hi everyone,

This will be my first interview on Jan 16 and I am a little nervous. This is my 3rd time applying to DPT programs so this is very important to me. I am not sure what to expect and was wondering if anyone has interviewed At Wheeling Jesuit University? How is the interview process..group, individual, essay, tour? What are some of the questions they have asked in the past? Any tips on how I should prepare? If you have interviewed there, what were the pros and cons of the DPT program? If there are any students attending WJU do you have any advice for me? Thank you!

Members don't see this ad.

Post this over in pre-PT forum. That is where most everyone who is hot on the interview trail right now is hanging out. And if you do a search of that forum you may find threads on this school from past application cycles. :)

Maybe @DancerFutureDPT can move to pre-PT.

Members don't see this ad :)
Jesuit schools have Jesuit values. Find how WJU describes their values and be prepared to explain how you exemplify those values in tangible ways.

Hi everyone,

This will be my first interview on Jan 16 and I am a little nervous. This is my 3rd time applying to DPT programs so this is very important to me. I am not sure what to expect and was wondering if anyone has interviewed At Wheeling Jesuit University? How is the interview process..group, individual, essay, tour? What are some of the questions they have asked in the past? Any tips on how I should prepare? If you have interviewed there, what were the pros and cons of the DPT program? If there are any students attending WJU do you have any advice for me? Thank you!

I went to WJU and graduated in 2012. The essay is really easy. The questions are basic interview questions like why you chose PT, what are your strengths/weaknesses, etc. The best thing I can tell you is to just be yourself. Don't be some kiss ass answering how you think they want them answered. Just be honest and to the point. Explain to them how important this is to you like you stated above and why. As far as the program...well it is a 2 year accelerated program and it is PBL program which means you do a lot of learning on your own which is good and bad. You do in fact become a better clinician because of better clinical reasoning, however, there are those times in school that they need to teach more than you teach yourself. They have changed a bunch of things since I graduated such as longer clinical rotations which is a huge plus and some extra classes which I don't feel is necessary.. I was much older than a lot of my classmates and more mature. I was the class president and new why I was there and what I wanted, and many of my classmates were jackasses. Have the most fun and relax before you start the program because once you are in it, you will be studying/stressed for 2 years straight. Make time for yourself though so you don't get burned out.

Last edited: