Questions asked at DO interviews

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

MDpride

10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
As the title describes everything, please give your input

Members don't see this ad.

As the title describes everything, please give your input

I dont get it?...there is no one standard for all DO school interviews. It depends on the school, it depends on the interviewers. It can be laid back or it can be full of ethical questions. Some asked why Osteopathic Medicine? Some ask just why medicine? some dont ask at all. Most of all it depends on your application. A lot of questions will come from you extra-curriculars, gpa, mcat..etc.

Members don't see this ad :)
Each school will be a little different. Have you had any MD interviews? In my experience, its pretty similar. But they also ask something about osteopathic medicine.

At GA-PCOM, they explained to me why DO school might be better for me personally, given my background and goals. I tended to agree with everything they said.

I didn't prepare for my interviews. I just went in and answered honestly. I think this cut down on me trying to guess what they wanted to hear, and I think I performed well as a result.

at umdnj-som, there were endless questions about OMM and D.O. Philosophy.

In any case, go to the interview feedback section of SDN. That helped me prepare for my interviews VERY VERY well.

good luck.

The only difference is that in DO interviews, they WILL ask "why DO?" and a few others pertaining to that. Everything else has been similar: experiences, work, school, volunteer, etc.