Questions for Case Western Students

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

ABdentist

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hi,

I have a few questions about CWRU and its surrounding area. I am heading to Cleveland in a few weeks for an interview and would like some preliminary information before I go.

1) Do you find there are any major problems in the clinic? Is it hard to get a chair?

2) Are the faculty easy to approach and willing to help?

3) Do you find the area around the dental school safe?

4) What are the areas that most dental students live in? Which areas should you avoid living in?

Thanks in advance!

Members don't see this ad.

1) Do you find there are any major problems in the clinic? Is it hard to get a chair?
-No, everyone has their own designated cubical so you always have a chair.
2) Are the faculty easy to approach and willing to help?
-Like any school will tell you some are easier than others to work with. You have great teachers who love to help you and others that are more difficult to work with. Over all I would say you can learn as much as you want to.
3) Do you find the area around the dental school safe?
-Right near the school is fine a lot of students. It has good areas and bad areas which you will learn about.
4) What are the areas that most dental students live in? Which areas should you avoid living in?
-I would say avoid anything with a Cleveland address. Visit the school first and then worry about the housing after you get accepted.