1. Hey Guest! Check out the 3 MCAT Study Plan Options listed in the 'stickies' area at the top of the forums (BoomBoom, SN2ed, and MCATJelly). Let us know which you like best.

Also, we now offer a MCAT Test-Prep Exhibitions Forum where you can ask questions directly from the test-prep services.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Dismiss Notice
  3. Download free Tapatalk for iPhone or Tapatalk for Android for your phone and follow the SDN forums with push notifications.
    Dismiss Notice

questions for cbt experts

Discussion in 'MCAT Discussions' started by methylene, Apr 21, 2007.

1. methylene

Pre-Medical
    I'm a a little anxious about the number of passages each section has. Could somebody please confirm the exact number?

VB__ PH__ Bio___

Also, how do you guys know where to look in the passage to find the specific (not main idea) answers? I don't suppose you can underline anything on the real exam?

This switch kinda scares me. :eek: :laugh::D

2. Note: SDN Members do not see this ad.

3. DiverDoc

DiverDoc KCUMB 2012
    10+ Year Member

Attending Physician
    ALL sections have 7 passages. The sciences have discreets. 13 I believe is the number there. Read to understand the passage and with practice it shouldnt be hard for you to get the main idea.

4. .surgical.

.surgical. Senior Member
    7+ Year Member

Resident [Any Field]
    Yeah 7 passages per section...

52 questions for PS and BS, 70 minutes to complete
    40 questions for VR, 60 minutes to complete
    Its just like the e-mcat AAMC practice tests.

You can't underline, but you can highlight in the passages while you are reading. The highlighting, however, is not carried over from passage to passage. You can also strike-through the incorrect answers.

DO NOT FRET about the switch, I consider it a blessing. A 5 hour MCAT vs. an 8 hour MCAT is nothing to complain about. It's way easier to type out the writing section IMO. You get used to writing out notes and stuff while reading online from taking practice tests.

PRACTICE PRACTICE PRACTICE... and g/l to you