Questions for Mills Students

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

mfcdriver

15+ Year Member
Reaction score
I'm applying to Mills' Post-Bac program for Fall 2004 and have a couple questions.

First some background:
-Graduated <5 years ago with a liberal arts degree from a UC school.
-Didn't take any science other than general education classes
-Through volunteering as an EMT I've found that I want to pursue medicine.
-Over the past several months I've looked into all of the San Francisco Bay Area's programs; Mills, SFSU, UCSF, SJSU, etc.
-I'd like to stay in the San Francisco Bay Area b/c of my family, friends, etc.

On to the questions:
1. How is/was your experience?
2. How would you rate the advisors? Did they work with you from day one through your medical school acceptance?
3. How would you rate the professors?
4. Any guess at the acceptance rate to medical school? The site says "80%".
4. Overall, would you recommend the program?

Many thanks for taking the time to answer my questions. If your comments are best not said in a public forum, feel free to contact me privately via email.

Thanks!

Members don't see this ad.

I completed the Mills program two years ago (in one year as I had taken some coursework as an undergrad). I found that the advising is pretty horrible, but the students do a good job of helping eachother out in that regard. Most of my professors were great (one really bad physiology prof.). Most students do very well in classes and work REALLY hard. I think it is a good program if you can afford it. If you have any specific quesitons feel free to write me.