Questions for Pheonix vicinity residents

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

hafido

20+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hi, I might be moving to Phoenix this summer from CA. I am wondering what the names of any community colleges are around the general vicninity of Pheonix, including Tempe, etc. If I do move there, I plan on completing my prerequisites there. Thanks-

Members don't see this ad.

hafido said:
Hi, I might be moving to Phoenix this summer from CA. I am wondering what the names of any community colleges are around the general vicninity of Pheonix, including Tempe, etc. If I do move there, I plan on completing my prerequisites there. Thanks-

Wouldnt it be easier to look up schools on yahoo yellow pages?

Members don't see this ad :)
The link is great. I can give you more info on the schools because I attended 5 of them (each had a class that fit my schedule better). I live in Tempe, right by ASU. Scottsdale CC is great for Chemistry and possibly Biology. South Mountain CC is great for physics. I took many general courses online through Rio Salado (Math, English, Sociology, Pysch, Humanities). They have a GREAT online program. The nice thing about these CC's is that tuition is ~$45/credit hour. Good luck.

Barry20 said:
The link is great. I can give you more info on the schools because I attended 5 of them (each had a class that fit my schedule better). I live in Tempe, right by ASU. Scottsdale CC is great for Chemistry and possibly Biology. South Mountain CC is great for physics. I took many general courses online through Rio Salado (Math, English, Sociology, Pysch, Humanities). They have a GREAT online program. The nice thing about these CC's is that tuition is ~$45/credit hour. Good luck.

Barry is correct. You may also want to consider Mesa CC. I heard it has a good reputation, however, I live in the west side of town, so I couldn't tell you much about the east. Good luck!!

FYI, I took ALL my pre-reqs from Glendale Community College (West side) and off hand I can tell you that EVERY single professor of bio, chem and ochem were nothing less than EXCELLENT. There are some questionable ones, but the ones I took are the most awasome professors that I've ever taken. Let me know if you would like further info on this.