Questions for those who passed nys part 3

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

icekitsune

Full Member
15+ Year Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Hi everyone,

I'm debating on whether I should try taking the part 3 this January since i have enough intern hours to do so. I have bought Rxprep 2012 and i have my old lab notes.

I was wondering if anyone have any recommendations on how to study for part 3, if rxprep is enough 😕😕and what the written part contains? I figured the compounding part is the 3 compounds and its calculations.

I'm so worried...I don't know if rxprep is enough for the part 3. I heard that rxprep is enough for the naplex....but ..thanks so much everyone:scared:Q
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
I'm planning on taking it this Jan, but I'm kind of wondering about the hours. I've read that only hours when school is not in session count (ie summer/winter semester breaks), and that weekends, holidays, evenings, etc during the school year do not. Others have told me that it doesn't matter, 1000 hours is 1000 hours, and they didn't even bother to send documentation. Obviously the requirement on the form of "document if the hours are different every week" is virtually necessary - I do not know any interns who have the same schedule week in and week out.

So I guess I'll just slightly threadjack and open that discussion up. Did you document your hours, and did you only count ones that you got during semester break?


On topic: my school offers a review session that is pretty much a day in the lab and a day in the classroom with sample questions. Check your lab coordinator to see if they have something like that.
 
I'm planning on taking it this Jan, but I'm kind of wondering about the hours. I've read that only hours when school is not in session count (ie summer/winter semester breaks), and that weekends, holidays, evenings, etc during the school year do not. Others have told me that it doesn't matter, 1000 hours is 1000 hours, and they didn't even bother to send documentation. Obviously the requirement on the form of "document if the hours are different every week" is virtually necessary - I do not know any interns who have the same schedule week in and week out.

So I guess I'll just slightly threadjack and open that discussion up. Did you document your hours, and did you only count ones that you got during semester break?


On topic: my school offers a review session that is pretty much a day in the lab and a day in the classroom with sample questions. Check your lab coordinator to see if they have something like that.
A 1000 hours is a 1000 hours, any time or day. I just did that I worked 15 hours during the weekend, even though schedule was variable (one week 20 hours, one week 12 hours, etc. ) they usually don't bother checking if you work in a hospital or a chain and the pharmacist who signed your papers have a clean license.
 
I'm planning on taking it this Jan, but I'm kind of wondering about the hours. I've read that only hours when school is not in session count (ie summer/winter semester breaks), and that weekends, holidays, evenings, etc during the school year do not. Others have told me that it doesn't matter, 1000 hours is 1000 hours, and they didn't even bother to send documentation. Obviously the requirement on the form of "document if the hours are different every week" is virtually necessary - I do not know any interns who have the same schedule week in and week out.

So I guess I'll just slightly threadjack and open that discussion up. Did you document your hours, and did you only count ones that you got during semester break?


On topic: my school offers a review session that is pretty much a day in the lab and a day in the classroom with sample questions. Check your lab coordinator to see if they have something like that.
confirming hours are hours. This is what I did.
 
I passed it the past June and I agree with Sparda29. Try to make connections and grab a hold of a copy of Cutie's packet (making a copy is abt 20 dollars at staples, instead of $125 if you were to just purchase it). Go through the packet, know your new drugs, LASA, common drug interactions, practice with old exams, and if your school offers a review class, I'd recommend taking it b/c for my school, most of the ppl who taught the review course were our proctors so they will tell you what they look for. Don't waste your time with Rxprep. Feel free ask more questions.
 
What school does Dr. Cutie teach at? I failed the part 3 by just a few points and I know a lot of the points taken off were from the written/SALAD portion... If his notes are really good, I'd like them but I'm in an upstate school.
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
university at buffalo. they offered it for $200 but i didn't take it cause I thought with dr.cutie's notes and lab notes, i would be ok....what do you think?