Questions from 2010-2011 Internship Interviews

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

CBTClinPsycher

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hi all--
So now that ranks are pretty much done, and all we can do now is hope that the universe throws us a bone, I thought it might be fun to hear from others about what the most interesting (and perhaps crazy!) questions that applicants got from interviewers during the process this year. So send your thoughts!

My favorite from my interviews was "What about your relationships with your family during childhood made you want to be in the helping profession?"

Members don't see this ad.

Hi all--
So now that ranks are pretty much done, and all we can do now is hope that the universe throws us a bone, I thought it might be fun to hear from others about what the most interesting (and perhaps crazy!) questions that applicants got from interviewers during the process this year. So send your thoughts!

My favorite from my interviews was "What about your relationships with your family during childhood made you want to be in the helping profession?"

Wow. This question definitely beats mine: "What do your parents do?"

I had a one-on-one interview with a very nice DCT. I was not prepared to answer questions about my personal life (this was my 3rd one in the process), since the previous sites had focused more on professional interests.
Well, this interview was entirely personal and the first question she asked was "Tell me about your family" followed by "What was your childhood like?" the third in sequence was "What was it like for you to be an adolescent?" She then continues to ask me more in depth questions about the information I had already disclosed. I was not asked about my professional experiences at all.... I didn't mind the interview, she was really nice, I was just caught off guard!