Questions from a n00b

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

xxxhotstuffxxx

Full Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Hey, so I'm new to the pre-pharmacy thing. Whenever people talk about their GPAs, is it for 4 years or for 2 years? I'm someone who's just going to school for 2 years and then transferring to a 4 year Pharmacy School. Can someone clear this up?

And also, do pharmacy schools look at your ACT/SAT scores?

Thanks!
 
They are normally talking about their overall GPA for all courses they have taken (regardless of 2 or 4 years). And no pharmacy schools do not look at SAT or ACT scores...only PCAT scores (if they are a school that requires PCAT).
 
Would the school people look at the GPAs differently between the 2 year and 4 year transfers? For example, if I had a 3.5 after two years. Would they look at it the same as someone who has a 3.5 after four years? I mean, it'd be more difficult to maintain a 3.5 after 4 years, right?
 
I would say the person with four years would be more competitive because they either have a degree or at least have taken upper-division classes. Schools are going towards accepting applicants with degrees at a higher rate. However there are other parts of the application that could dictate which person actually gets in.