questions on getting into CCOM!

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

karizma098

Neon Tiger
10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
hey guys, im a junior in college right now , going into my second semester. I took my MCAT this past fall, and i was just wondering if any of u know if i match up for the CCOM acceptance stats.
: 3.4 science gpa, 3.6 overall, 29 Mcat, tons of extracurrics, work with a D.O, a couple international jobs with medicine and relief work. I had a cruddy gpa my freshman year and went from there..anyhow, any tips or prep. before applying this summer are appreciated, thankssss.

Members don't see this ad.

karizma098 said:
hey guys, im a junior in college right now , going into my second semester. I took my MCAT this past fall, and i was just wondering if any of u know if i match up for the CCOM acceptance stats.
: 3.4 science gpa, 3.6 overall, 29 Mcat, tons of extracurrics, work with a D.O, a couple international jobs with medicine and relief work. I had a cruddy gpa my freshman year and went from there..anyhow, any tips or prep. before applying this summer are appreciated, thankssss.
I was accepted there with similar stats. You'll be fine. CCOM is a great school. Having a hard time choosing where I want to go and CCOM is definitely in the mix. Good luck. :thumbup:

Members don't see this ad :)
dr.z said:
I got in with similar GPA, but less MCAT score. I think you'll be fine.
How similiar, Dr. Z? I'm applying to CCOM now.......... What are the admissions stats?

You'll get an interview for sure. Whether they accept you will depend on how well your interview goes, but academically, you are fine. I had similar stats to you and I had no problems getting in. Are you applying for next year? I know it's easier to get in if you apply earlier so the late application may be a mark against you, but you can always try again next year if this year they waitlist/reject you.

im applying for next year, in the summer, im planning on applying by july..maybe by then my gpa will be higher too. i guess i'll see and hope for the best.

karizma098 said:
im applying for next year, in the summer, im planning on applying by july..maybe by then my gpa will be higher too. i guess i'll see and hope for the best.

Your numbers look great so I am sure you will score an interview there. The interview itself could be intimidating. I applied with less stellar numbers but got in nevertheless. All you need to do is to make sure you know why you want to do DO and why CCOM. It is okay to show that personable side of you during interview as well. Don't be too emotional or dramatic, just be comfortable with yourself and what you have to offer. I am sure you will be great! I am extremely happy to go there this fall. Hope to see you there! :)