Questions on rolling admissions?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Ryu585

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
I got my PharmCAS application verified, and the schools that participate in rolling admission sent me a confirmation email that they received my application. They said i am missing a pre-req course which i just finished. I contacted them to let them know. My question is, they sent the email confirmation 5 days ago and they did not call me for an interview. Does that mean that they wont consider my application anymore because its rolling admission or i still have hope? My first cycle applying -_-. I got an interview at one school out of 5 though.

Members don't see this ad.

Some or most schools will still call or email you for an interview if they are interested since many people decline their admissions early in the cycle. Also, there is a waiting list for most schools, so interviews can continue on even if the school has rolling admissions.

I was emailed that I was missing a pre-requisite course in September. I confirmed that I would complete the course by Spring and they said ok, sounds good. Then they were quiet for 4 months. Yesterday I finally got an interview invitation. So my theory is YES, if you are missing a prerequisite course they will put you in the back of the line and look at everyone else's applications before they circle around and compare you again. Sometimes they won't call you if they're not interested.