questions on step 2cs

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

MrKhiladi

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
hi i got some questions about 2cs
1) how much of the mini mental status exam does one have to do, considering time is an issue
2) are we graded by the order of which we order the diagnostic tests
3) is a gynecological hx always taken on a female, even if she coming for a cough or sore throat
thanx

Members don't see this ad.

hi i got some questions about 2cs
1) how much of the mini mental status exam does one have to do, considering time is an issue
2) are we graded by the order of which we order the diagnostic tests
3) is a gynecological hx always taken on a female, even if she coming for a cough or sore throat
thanx

1) I would say as minimal as possible for the given case. Maybe orientation to place, person and time. Maybe a couple of extra questions if you can afford the time (repeat 3 objects, spell world backwords, recall 3 items)

2) they prefer you rank the items from most needed to less. However, I doubt you would fail a station simply because you switched the order. If you included a bunch of unnecessary tests, that might be a problem regardless of where you list them

3) I think you should always get a GYN history of a female. The question is how extensive of a GYN history is needed. It might be as brief as LMP, or as extensive as a full GYN history. Just like any other ROS. For example, in a young female with cough or sore throat, I'd ask about LMP, any changes, OCP/protection, STDs, pap. Remember, a sore throat can be mono, gonorrhea, etc.