Questions on what to study

Crushage

10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hi all. I had questions regarding the Physics and Organic sections on the OAT. How do I study for the physics section? There are like 40 different equations and i can memorize some of them (F=ma ) but others i dont know about. Do we need to memorize any of them? Do we need to know the sign charts for mirrors and lenses? HELP!!! :)

Also, for Organic, some of the practice tests ive taken (the packet, kaplan) have only 5 specific reaction questions like : CH3CH2CH3 + KMNO4 -----> ?

But others like the Top Score Pro have like 10-15 of those. Also Top Score has 3 or 4 questions on Amino acids/carbohydrates ----i thought we didnt need to know those for the OAT...

thanks for any help!

Members don't see this ad.

i havent taken the oat yet (i will in two days), but i've taken numerous practice full length exams. i believe one can do fairly well only knowing the basic formulas for physics (f=ma, ke=.5mv^2, pe=mgh, p=dgh, p=fa). physics is more of a simple conceptual section, i think, instead of a rigorous mathematical one (save that for QR,lol). i cant comment on organic chem, because it is by far my weakest section. i just hope to pass the section and get over 300 on that part, haha.

ariel winter said:
i havent taken the oat yet (i will in two days), but i've taken numerous practice full length exams. i believe one can do fairly well only knowing the basic formulas for physics (f=ma, ke=.5mv^2, pe=mgh, p=dgh, p=fa). physics is more of a simple conceptual section, i think, instead of a rigorous mathematical one (save that for QR,lol). i cant comment on organic chem, because it is by far my weakest section. i just hope to pass the section and get over 300 on that part, haha.

p=dgh???

Crushage said:
Hi all. I had questions regarding the Physics and Organic sections on the OAT. How do I study for the physics section? There are like 40 different equations and i can memorize some of them (F=ma ) but others i dont know about. Do we need to memorize any of them? Do we need to know the sign charts for mirrors and lenses? HELP!!! :)

Also, for Organic, some of the practice tests ive taken (the packet, kaplan) have only 5 specific reaction questions like : CH3CH2CH3 + KMNO4 -----> ?

But others like the Top Score Pro have like 10-15 of those. Also Top Score has 3 or 4 questions on Amino acids/carbohydrates ----i thought we didnt need to know those for the OAT...

thanks for any help!
Hey just to let u know. i took the OATs in Oct the written version and i totally memorized the equations, i just wrote them down every day, and i used them. so, its a good idea to know them. i hope this helps. :)