Questions regarding AADSAS application

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Dentalist

carpe diem
15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
Reaction score
I will be applying to dental schools soon, and I have some minor questions. Firstly, in AADSAS application, did you get to put down the exact name of the majors and minors or were they categorized into Biological Sciences, Social Sciences, Humanities, etc? Secondly, when you put down the EC's, did you get to elaborate on the nature of the work? I don't have many EC's but I have a few EC's in which I have been very actively involved for a long time. I would like to know if I will have a chance to show ADCOMS what I have done in these EC's before I get to interviews. Lastly, am I required to submit LOR's when I submit AADSAS? When would be a good time to send the LOR's and the official transcripts if I were to apply in May? Anyone willing to answer? Thanks!

Dentalist

Members don't see this ad.

Firstly, in AADSAS application, did you get to put down the exact name of the majors and minors or were they categorized into Biological Sciences, Social Sciences, Humanities, etc?

-You get to select your major from a drop down list, ie. Biology, Chemistry, Business, etc.

Secondly, when you put down the EC's, did you get to elaborate on the nature of the work?

-Yes, you get to elaborate. There are text boxes on the application where you get to expain certain things, ECs included.

Lastly, am I required to submit LOR's when I submit AADSAS?

-No, you don't have to use AADSAS to send your LORs. I used my school's pre-health profesions office to send out all LORs, this way I was assured that I wouldn't have to deal with an AADSAS screw up. But if you want them to be sent out by AADSAS when they mail your app, then you need to have your LORs there before you send it. Like I said, I didn't use AADSAS for my LORs so maybe someone else can elaborate on this.

When would be a good time to send the LOR's and the official transcripts if I were to apply in May?

-The application typically opens in mid May. I sent in my transcripts in early May (rec'd by AADSAS 1st week of May)

PS. You can download the current 2005 applcation from the website and print it. You won't be able to use the same one for 2006, but at least you'll know what they are looking for.