Questions regarding AADSAS application

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Dentalist

carpe diem
15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hey guys,

I will be submitting the AADSAS application this May, and will be sending the transcript in July. I am sending my transcript little late in order for AADSAS to calculate my spring quarter grades. Now, my question is... will AADSAS include the spring quarter grades even if I don't put these grades in the AADSAS application? Also, will I be at disadvantage if I take the DAT in late July/early August? As far as LOR's are concerned, should I send them directly to schools or AADSAS?

Thanks for your help!!!! =)

Dentalist

Members don't see this ad.

Dentalist said:
Hey guys,

I will be submitting the AADSAS application this May, and will be sending the transcript in July. I am sending my transcript little late in order for AADSAS to calculate my spring quarter grades. Now, my question is... will AADSAS include the spring quarter grades even if I don't put these grades in the AADSAS application? Also, will I be at disadvantage if I take the DAT in late July/early August? As far as LOR's are concerned, should I send them directly to schools or AADSAS?

Thanks for your help!!!! =)

Dentalist

AADSAS will only process your app. until they have your transcripts, so even if you submit it in May it won't be processed until July. Then it takes 4-6 weeks for schools to receive your app.

As for the DAT, i don't think you'll be too much at a disadvantage. I took mine in Aug., but the earlier the better. Applying this year was very competitive and most likely it will be the same next year. You also want to give yourself some time just in case you need to retake it. If you have to retake it, you have to wait 90 days before taking it again.

As for the LOR's, you should send them to AADSAS. This way you don't have to bug your recommenders for multiple amounts of letters.

Just remember, the sooner everything gets submitted the more chances you have of getting in.

Good Luck! :luck:

MolarMamma said:
AADSAS will only process your app. until they have your transcripts, so even if you submit it in May it won't be processed until July. Then it takes 4-6 weeks for schools to receive your app.

As for the DAT, i don't think you'll be too much at a disadvantage. I took mine in Aug., but the earlier the better. Applying this year was very competitive and most likely it will be the same next year. You also want to give yourself some time just in case you need to retake it. If you have to retake it, you have to wait 90 days before taking it again.

As for the LOR's, you should send them to AADSAS. This way you don't have to bug your recommenders for multiple amounts of letters.

Just remember, the sooner everything gets submitted the more chances you have of getting in.

Good Luck! :luck:

great advise!

as far as the LOR concerned, if you know the writers well and they are willing to make many copies so that you can send it to each schools, then I would send it directly. I had a problem with AADSAS sending my LOR that held up my application for almost a month. I ended up sending the last letter directly to the school.

if you don't want to bother the writer then the simpler way is to just send once copy to AADSAS, but then you are at their mercy!