Questions regarding LOR

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
D

deleted341012

So most of the schools I applied to want 2 letters from faculty and 1 from a dentist but one of them wants 3 from faculty and 1 from a dentist.
I was just wondering, how do schools select the letters of recommendation? (so for schools requiring 3 letters, do they just pick randomly out of the 4 I have?)
Also, out of the 4, 3 have been submitted but one (my best one ironically) is going to be submitted sometime next week. My AADSAS has already been sent out and I was just worried that all the schools are going to use the first 3 ones uploaded and not the latest one?

Im just confused about the whole process and I'd really appreciate it if someone could shed a little light on it.

thanks guys!

Members don't see this ad.

Each school will get all 4 of your letters, and I'm sure they'll look at all of them.

The last letter will just be shipped out with a later batch and schools will be able to add it to your file when it arrives.

I have heard that they don't actually wait for the LOR to arrive but start processing the application when they receive it and LOR is really for the interviews. Is that true? I'm just worried since I esubmitted on 6/7 and I just got emails from a bunch of schools that they have received my AADSAS but will receiving my last LOR at a later date put me in a later batch?

For the schools that only require 3 letters, your application is considered complete to them and they will start reviewing your application immediately.

It depends for the schools that require 4 letters. Some schools will still look at your app without them, but some schools won't.