Questions Regarding the Application Process

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

salbar

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hello everyone,

I have a few questions about dental school that you all might know a thing or two about:

1. When is it too late to apply to dental school? I was told to apply by mid-July, but I didn't end up taking my DAT until the end of July and am considering taking a gap year. (I currently have a 3.7 GPA and a 24AA on the DAT, so I'm wondering if applying late will decrease my chances of being admitted.)

2. If I do take a gap year, will I need to resend my DAT scores next year or will the schools that I sent them to when signing up for the DAT still have them on file?

3. Do I need to submit my letters of recommendation with my application, or can they be sent in after sending my application?

4. How long does it take to send an official transcript?

Thanks!

Members don't see this ad.

1. It isn't too late as long as you can submit your applications before mid August I would say?

2. No you don't have to resend your scores unless you are planning to retake, which I doubt you would need to unless you scored like a 12 on RC or something.

3. You can submit it after sending out your application. Schools can receive your applications with or without your letter of recommendations.

4. About a week I would say.

#3 you can send it in after I believe but some schools won't even look at your app without having everything.

Your stats are high enough to be able to apply now and not have to worry. Some of the late applicants are applying in October and November and that is where the problems start. Get your application submitted this week, get your letters in and such so they can verify your GPA and DAT and you should be fine.