Questions regarding timeline for spot from those accepted to multiple schools choose and decline?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

queenki

5+ Year Member
Reaction score
So...I just want to understand how this all works.

So it looks like there are quite a lot of people with 7-10+ interviews.

So of they get 5+ acceptances by 12/3. They get 1 month to decide which school to make deposits, corrct?

So technically most people will make 1 deposit (or 2,or some maybe 3?;) by 1/3?

So some spots will become available. Does all school do post december interview? Is there any record how many(?) are post dec interview?

I remember seeing % of matriculated students with pre-dec and post-dec interview. Some schools are like 90-100% pre-dec interview but some (mostly private) are as low as 60%...

My question is when is the due that those who made more than 1 deposit has to choose one? (And give up another ones?)

Members don't see this ad.

April 15th, the schools will be able to see multiple deposits and some of them will drop you for putting a deposit down elsewhere. 30 days is pretty ample to make some choices, maybe call the schools or visit the area again if possible to make a choice..could be a risky game to play, but obviously every year there are some people that have no problem losing a few grand to extend their decision making period lol

April 15th, the schools will be able to see multiple deposits and some of them will drop you for putting a deposit down elsewhere. 30 days is pretty ample to make some choices, maybe call the schools or visit the area again if possible to make a choice..could be a risky game to play, but obviously every year there are some people that have no problem losing a few grand to extend their decision making period lol

most schools will give you two weeks to decide if they find out you have multiple deposits down

Members don't see this ad :)
So...I just want to understand how this all works.

So it looks like there are quite a lot of people with 7-10+ interviews.

So of they get 5+ acceptances by 12/3. They get 1 month to decide which school to make deposits, corrct?

So technically most people will make 1 deposit (or 2,or some maybe 3?;) by 1/3?

So some spots will become available. Does all school do post december interview? Is there any record how many(?) are post dec interview?

I remember seeing % of matriculated students with pre-dec and post-dec interview. Some schools are like 90-100% pre-dec interview but some (mostly private) are as low as 60%...

My question is when is the due that those who made more than 1 deposit has to choose one? (And give up another ones?)

many spots will become available all throughout December, and especially the first few days of January
one would hope that most people will immediately give up the spots they do not intend on attending, and only decide between a few through the end of December
some people will have more than one deposit down the beginning of December, but it is not common

I see. No I am not playing that game. I am the one waiting for the open up spots lol

I hope people make quick decision on 12/3 if they get more than two. So other people can have a shot

many spots will become available all throughout December, and especially the first few days of January
one would hope that most people will immediately give up the spots they do not intend on attending, and only decide between a few through the end of December
some people will have more than one deposit down the beginning of December, but it is not common

Bc it is holoday season, do schools do any interview between 12/3 and end of the year?

Or is “post dec interview “ mostly Jan, Feb, March? Is it every week like pre dec ones? Or far less frequent?

A lot of schools do early December interviews

Some schools continue to roll through Dec and keep interviewing, I'm not sure how many do, but Lecom and touro both are at least.

Hopefully, you'll get in this december, don't worry!:clap: