Dismiss Notice
Last chance to give your feedback! Fill out the 2019 SDN Member Survey to let us know what's important to you (and win prizes!)

Questions to ask mortgage broker/bank

Discussion in 'Finance and Investment' started by VuDOo, Mar 12, 2007.

1. VuDOo

2+ Year Member

I'm going to call numerous banks and mortgage brokers in the city where I match and am wondering what questions to ask them. Does anyone have a list of questions or know of a website that provides a checklist to follow?

2. mshheaddoc

mshheaddoc Howdy
    Moderator Emeritus 15+ Year Member

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  3. The White Coat Investor

The White Coat Investor Practicing Doc and Blogger
    Physician Partner Organization 10+ Year Member

Attending Physician
    Why are you calling them? Why don't you ask them the answer to that question?

Just kidding. I assume you're trying to get the best deal you can on a mortgage. Remember that they will all lie to you on the phone to get your business. It is almost impossible to get quotes from various banks/brokers that you can use to compare them because the rates change on a daily basis (sometimes more often.) So if you don't get a hold of someone on the same day as someone else, you're comparing apples and oranges.

If you go with a broker, consider using an "upfront mortgage broker." If you go with a bank, ask if they are willing to give you an upfront statement of expenses. Learn more at mortgageprofessor.com.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...