Questions you asked durring interview

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Bocci Balls

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hey all,

What questions did you ask members of the Adcom member / students while you were at the school for your interview?

Members don't see this ad.

Have you met my friend here, Mr. Abraham Lincoln? (wink, wink)

tell me about your school ( wink wink :love: )

Members don't see this ad :)
I always ask about the research opportunities that the school has to offer. Doctors love it when you are interested in research

I like asking about where there school is going to be in the next few years. How is it changing. How they are innovating. What will be different when I am a student. These are important because you want to know what the school will be like when you are there.
I also like asking how the school responds to student feedback. How do students evaluate classes and professors.
It says a lot about an institution that is always working to change and improve because dentistry is always changing and improving. Especially if they listen to input from their students.

Thanks for your thoughts. I think I am giving myself an ulcer thinking about my upcoming interview (1st one). Anyone have any last minute advice?:oops:

Where the hell is the cafeteria?:laugh:

In one school I asked about housing, the other I asked about the board exam (when?), I asked about their passing rates, elective courses, students life and activities, closest gym, THE LIBRARY (im most school I didnt get to see it), the open door policy (not in every school), whats PBL and so on..and so on...I hope it helps...

In one school I asked about housing, the other I asked about the board exam (when?), I asked about their passing rates, elective courses, students life and activities, closest gym, THE LIBRARY (im most school I didnt get to see it), the open door policy (not in every school), whats PBL and so on..and so on...I hope it helps...

Hey Shuna, you didn't reveal yourself at Pacific. Ducks and I were there, and we had fun chatting. Why didn't you want to join the fun???

Hey Shuna, you didn't reveal yourself at Pacific. Ducks and I were there, and we had fun chatting. Why didn't you want to join the fun???

Shuna's SDN's best-kept secret. Nobody knows what she looks like, how superbly hot she is, or anything like that. The only thing that is more guarded is the secret formula to Coke. :laugh:

Shuna can tell you who she is, but she'll have to kill you afterwards. You probably can't handle her hotness anyway. :smuggrin: :p :eek:

this thread has gotten off topic...

how many mr. benjamins would it take for a perfect interview?

Shuna's SDN's best-kept secret. Nobody knows what she looks like, how superbly hot she is, or anything like that. The only thing that is more guarded is the secret formula to Coke. :laugh:

Shuna can tell you who she is, but she'll have to kill you afterwards. You probably can't handle her hotness anyway. :smuggrin: :p :eek:

I can tell you that Shuna is a super-cutie. And she is actually from Texas. :love:

for students, i asked what they liked and disliked about their school. would they would go there if they got into all dental schools.

I always ask about the research opportunities that the school has to offer. Doctors love it when you are interested in research

fastforward to me in 4 years...i could care less:D

I would ask about boards. I heard NY is changing its licensing structure. I think they supposedly need the PGY1 residency to get a NY license? Anyone else hear about that? :confused: