questions

Started by Medic171
This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

Medic171

Senior Member
7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
#1 how bad does a bad grade hurt assuming all other grades are good. I.E. I am a non trad returning to college, I got a 2.0 in bio back in 1996, but when I returned I got a 4.o in bio. Also, because of my wedding, it looks like my grade in this summer chem 2 will be bad, like a 3.0. How bad does this hurt me?

#2 Is a science gpa of 3.29 competitive considering working full time and going to school full time?
BTW- I am planning to go D.O.
 
Originally posted by Medic171:
•#1 how bad does a bad grade hurt assuming all other grades are good. I.E. I am a non trad returning to college, I got a 2.0 in bio back in 1996, but when I returned I got a 4.o in bio. Also, because of my wedding, it looks like my grade in this summer chem 2 will be bad, like a 3.0. How bad does this hurt me?

#2 Is a science gpa of 3.29 competitive considering working full time and going to school full time?
BTW- I am planning to go D.O.•

I saw you post this on a different forum as well.... Here's my two cents.

#1 It's a bad grade.... One.... Uno.... The way I see it is that you've shown a tremendous improvement otherwise.... Depending on how critical the adcoms are they might take note and just ask you what had happened. You have a valid reason... BE HONEST.

#2 Yes, that's pretty darn competitive


Good luck and best wishes
 
How are your MCAT's??? That is probably pretty imporatant w/o stellar GPA--your 3.3, or whatever, may be comparable to a 3.8 somewhere else-so schools use the MCAT to level things out--as long as you can explain your bad grades-and in a way that those problems shouldn't resurface in med school you should be fine--apply early and often--and if your mcats are so/so-take a good prep class and rock 'em

-macman 😡