Questions

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Status
Not open for further replies.

smsc2009

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
I am a High School student (Sophmore) intrested in either a PharmD. or MD/DO. I grew up watching my family work in medicine (MD) so I assume that's where it comes from. I am having trouble understanding the difference between an MD/DO. I understand they are both Doctors of Medicine. I would like to apply to both MD/DO Schools to improve chances of getting accepted into a school. My top choices are Western (DO), NYCOM (DO) and Georgetown University (MD) I would like to complete a recidency in Internal Medicine or Anesthesiology. Can I get a recidency in Anesthesiology if I am a DO? I understand it is sometimes difficult to find recidencies in certain areas. I know I am in a DO forum so I will get bias answers. If I choose MD/DO I plan on going to a 4 year University and majoring in Chemistry, however I may go to a Community College for a certain time to help raise grades. Of course if I choose Pharmacy I hope to get into a 6 year program.
Thanks

Members don't see this ad.

hey there! read the FAQ at the top of the page, and they will answer many of your questions.

you've got a long ways to go before any of this will be "real". try to enjoy high school, and college, and worry about med/pharm school then!

but just to put you in the right direction--a DO can do anything an MD can. they complete the same 4 years of med school with the addition of OMM. they can enter any residency. hope this helps.

:luck:

Closing because it's a double post.

Status
Not open for further replies.