Substance

10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
Jul 27, 2007
Status (Visible)
  1. Attending Physician
1. Why, other than the poor job market or your training program having been inadequate to make you confident in your competence, would one do a fellowship if it is non ACGME accredited?

2. Why is dermatopathology listed as a subspecialty under dermatology rather than under pathology according to the ACGME?

Torsed

Deo Vindice.
10+ Year Member
Apr 11, 2008
Status (Visible)
  1. Attending Physician
I think ACGME certification really doesn't mean much at the level of fellowship training (really who doesn't lie about duty hours? - snicker). If you can get GI or GU that will be ideal for job searching despite non-ACGME accreditation, PLUS you don't have to screw with MOC like Cytology and Hematopathology peeps do either (I can vouch it SUCKS).

Most dermatopathology training was traditionally done in dermatology departments in the past, I think that is why it is listed under dermatopathology. Maybe someone else has a better answer to that than I can conjure up.

About the Ads
This thread is more than 9 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. Your new thread title is very short, and likely is unhelpful.
  2. Your reply is very short and likely does not add anything to the thread.
  3. Your reply is very long and likely does not add anything to the thread.
  4. It is very likely that it does not need any further discussion and thus bumping it serves no purpose.
  5. Your message is mostly quotes or spoilers.
  6. Your reply has occurred very quickly after a previous reply and likely does not add anything to the thread.
  7. This thread is locked.