Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
This is from Barron's book
RNA differs from DNA in that it
(A) cannot base pair
(B) doesn't contain phosphate groups
(C) is not used to synthesize new molecules of itself
(D) contains uracil rather than thymine found in DNA
At first both C and D sounded correct to me. But then I remembered that RNA dependent RNA polymerases exist...so RNA probably has a way to synthesize RNA from itself (still not sure about this though).
So I went with D.
The answer is C...
Can anyone explain this to me? The way the explanation describes it, both C and D seem correct...but I'm not sure anymore lol. My brain is officially fried >______>
RNA differs from DNA in that it
(A) cannot base pair
(B) doesn't contain phosphate groups
(C) is not used to synthesize new molecules of itself
(D) contains uracil rather than thymine found in DNA
At first both C and D sounded correct to me. But then I remembered that RNA dependent RNA polymerases exist...so RNA probably has a way to synthesize RNA from itself (still not sure about this though).
So I went with D.
The answer is C...
Can anyone explain this to me? The way the explanation describes it, both C and D seem correct...but I'm not sure anymore lol. My brain is officially fried >______>