Quick CVS computer tutorial?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Elle928

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Im going back to work at CVS next week ( last time I worked there was the of winter break of 2010) and Im freaking out because I dont remember at all how to use the computer system, except that QT will show me the tech queue -___- . Im hoping that I will remember more when I actually get on the computer.

Since I have worked with CVS before, I am not being trained again. :(

Can anyone give me a quick run through of how to use the computer ( specifically entering new prescriptions) , or any short cuts that may be helpful?

Also I still have my list of condor codes, are those still used in RX connect?

** I used the search engine and found a similar thread, but that was for RX2000, not RX connect

Any help is greatly appreciated!!!! TIA :)

Members don't see this ad.

Im going back to work at CVS next week ( last time I worked there was the of winter break of 2010) and Im freaking out because I dont remember at all how to use the computer system, except that QT will show me the tech queue -___- . Im hoping that I will remember more when I actually get on the computer.

:)

Here is a good interactive training module for CVS. First of all, don't eat anything for 14 hours, next, have the urge to use the bathroom but restrain yourself from using it, next bend over and have a friend kick you in the balls repeatedly over and over again while another friend calls your phone over and over again while yelling on a megaphone, "you have 1 pharmacy call, you have two pharmacy calls, etc..etc. Oh yeah, and do all this while a line of junkies stand idle with the stench of cheap cigarettes while you pretend to check the inventory of the oxycodone 30mg. (Remember: only the blue ones work for them, the white ones make them nauseous.):laugh::thumbup:

All of the commands are plain to see on the screen. Just look at the command that you want and voila! Nothing hard about RxConnect.

Members don't see this ad :)
All of the commands are plain to see on the screen. Just look at the command that you want and voila! Nothing hard about RxConnect.

I am currently working for CVS as a summer intern and their computer system is pretty easy. There is a lot of repetition especially pressing enter and some other few key strokes. Every key stroke that you need to hit to do something is explained at the bottom of the screen
I have only been working at CVS for a month now and its not that bad. I guess it helps that its a new store that was opened in March this year and the do about 85-95 scripts a day.

I am currently working for CVS as a summer intern and their computer system is pretty easy. There is a lot of repetition especially pressing enter and some other few key strokes. Every key stroke that you need to hit to do something is explained at the bottom of the screen
I have only been working at CVS for a month now and its not that bad. I guess it helps that its a new store that was opened in March this year and the do about 85-95 scripts a day.

Im hoping that when I see the computer again, I will remember. Im just a little nervous because drop off and typing in prescriptions was something Ive always had trouble with. By the time I would get up to speed with typing, it would be time for me to go back to school.
Theyre expecting me to be able to do everything, and I dont want to be a burden as this store is pretty busy. I was thinking about going on learnnet and going over old tutorial modules, but I still cant log on for a few more days :(

The workflow will be changing in August and thru fall. QA will be removed and new queues will be added to optimize and streamline filling process. Actually many nice new features coming.

The workflow will be changing in August and thru fall. QA will be removed and new queues will be added to optimize and streamline filling process. Actually many nice new features coming.

So i might be in luck! :D

I guess I still need to be able to navigate the system until then though but i feel better knowing that there will be a new one soon so that I can get the training/ learn it at the same time as everyone else :)

I was just about to say the same thing. Don't overly stress about this as the workflow is in for an overhaul anyway.

I was just about to say the same thing. Don't overly stress about this as the workflow is in for an overhaul anyway.

Will it be changing in august in all stores? Or is it starting in certain areas first? Im going back to school at the end of august and will be working once or twice a month during the school year, I hope I will be here to get the training.

Will it be changing in august in all stores? Or is it starting in certain areas first? Im going back to school at the end of august and will be working once or twice a month during the school year, I hope I will be here to get the training.

It will be rolled out over time through fall. I'm sure there will be modules galore to be done in terms of training. Basic aspects won't change so much. Just more features and streamlining of all the Q's and calls to be made.