Quick DAT Breakdown (8/2/15)

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

azxken

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Just took the DAT the other day and here is my score:
PAT: 23
QR: 19
RC: 17
BI: 22
GC: 23
OC: 25
TS: 23
AA: 21

Quick background: graduated in 2013 with cGPA 3.4; majored in biology and enrolled in pharmacy school for a year and dropped out. Spent 4 months studying (6hrs/day) but stopped for about a month due to distractions. As a result, I rescheduled 4 times, which was worth it! My advice is: only take the test when you feel ready.

Resources used: Bootcamp, Destroyers, Qvault, and Cliffs. Like everyone else have said, these resources are the best and must have for those studying for DAT. Not much more to say about these...

BI (22): Simple and straightforward; Qvault & Bootcamp are good representation; Cliffs is good for review; Destroyer helps retaining information and filling in gaps. There was one question that I was not familiar with and one that was weirdly worded, which I ended up guessing on both.

GC (22): I had 5-6 calculation and 2 redox balancing questions which took me a while to solve. As a result, I was running behind time and had to randomly guess the last 3 questions since I only have 15 mins left for OChem section! Could have gotten a 30 here if I have a little more time and not wasting time double check my answers after each question. Real GC is a about the same as Bootcamp.

OC (25): Phew! glad this section was simple and straightforward. With 15 mins left, I barely finished this section on time and had to randomly guessed two question at the last second. Again, could have gotten a 30. Real OC is easier than both Qvault and Bootcamp.

PAT (23): Nothing tricky here besides the few rocks that everyone were talking about (it does exists!). TFE, angle ranking and PTF are much, much easier compare to Bootcamp! Bootcamp is the only material you need for this section.

RC ( :( ): I'm not very happy with this score. Although this is my weakest section (English is not my native tongue, as you can see..), my scores for RC are better on Qvault and Bootcamp, which are wayyyy harder and longer. The real DAT RC is short (about 10-12 paragraphs) and easy to read. I used BYU4you Balanced RC Strategy but didn't do well with timing. When I got to the last passage, I got about 10 minutes left, which I ended up guessing on a bunch...

QR (19): Disappointed and stressed out from RC, I felt like giving up on this section. I also didn't study much for this section and it was a big mistake. A little easier than Destroyer and Bootcamp; about the same as Qvault. My advice: keep pushing forward and do not look back!

Here are my scores:
Screen Shot 2015-08-04 at 8.16.39 AM.png

Blessed by the best..

Members don't see this ad.

Last edited:
Reactions: 2 users