Quick ERAS fellowship app question

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

Central_SOULcus

Full Member
7+ Year Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Hi everyone, I'm currently applying for July cycle fellowships (which programs will begin to review Aug 12th). I authorized my USMLE transcript for release 1 week ago and assigned it to each program on my "saved" list, but didn't pay the $80 fee since it seems that happens when I submit my ERAS app. Am I correct in assuming the transcript doesn't really get processed/released until I "certify and submit" my application? I ask because I think I recall reading somewhere that it can take 5 business days for NBME to process the release request...

So, if I don't "certify and submit" until say, August 11th (darn personal statement is taking longer than I thought), will programs not have my USMLE transcript when they begin reviewing apps the next day? (To be clear, I want them to see my scores on Aug 12th, lol). Thanks for your help, everyone!
 
When I submitted my application, the transcripts were available the same day per ERAS.
 
When I submitted my application, the transcripts were available the same day per ERAS.

The issue is, I think NBME won't release your request for transcript until you have actually "applied" to programs (i.e. certify and submit your app). (At least that's what I understood from reading that really long ERAS document about applying (it's like 60 pages so admittedly I only read the part about USMLE). It's possible once you certify/submit your app, NBME will release the transcript the same day, however it says "may take up to 5 business days."