Quick ERAS fellowship app question

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Central_SOULcus

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hi everyone, I'm currently applying for July cycle fellowships (which programs will begin to review Aug 12th). I authorized my USMLE transcript for release 1 week ago and assigned it to each program on my "saved" list, but didn't pay the $80 fee since it seems that happens when I submit my ERAS app. Am I correct in assuming the transcript doesn't really get processed/released until I "certify and submit" my application? I ask because I think I recall reading somewhere that it can take 5 business days for NBME to process the release request...

So, if I don't "certify and submit" until say, August 11th (darn personal statement is taking longer than I thought), will programs not have my USMLE transcript when they begin reviewing apps the next day? (To be clear, I want them to see my scores on Aug 12th, lol). Thanks for your help, everyone!

Members don't see this ad.

i too have this question. did u get an answer?

When I submitted my application, the transcripts were available the same day per ERAS.

When I submitted my application, the transcripts were available the same day per ERAS.

The issue is, I think NBME won't release your request for transcript until you have actually "applied" to programs (i.e. certify and submit your app). (At least that's what I understood from reading that really long ERAS document about applying (it's like 60 pages so admittedly I only read the part about USMLE). It's possible once you certify/submit your app, NBME will release the transcript the same day, however it says "may take up to 5 business days."