Central_SOULcus

2+ Year Member
Jul 7, 2016
Status (Visible)
  1. Resident [Any Field]
Hi everyone, I'm currently applying for July cycle fellowships (which programs will begin to review Aug 12th). I authorized my USMLE transcript for release 1 week ago and assigned it to each program on my "saved" list, but didn't pay the $80 fee since it seems that happens when I submit my ERAS app. Am I correct in assuming the transcript doesn't really get processed/released until I "certify and submit" my application? I ask because I think I recall reading somewhere that it can take 5 business days for NBME to process the release request...

So, if I don't "certify and submit" until say, August 11th (darn personal statement is taking longer than I thought), will programs not have my USMLE transcript when they begin reviewing apps the next day? (To be clear, I want them to see my scores on Aug 12th, lol). Thanks for your help, everyone!

Lunzio

7+ Year Member
May 14, 2013
Status (Visible)
  1. Resident [Any Field]
When I submitted my application, the transcripts were available the same day per ERAS.

Central_SOULcus

2+ Year Member
Jul 7, 2016
Status (Visible)
  1. Resident [Any Field]
When I submitted my application, the transcripts were available the same day per ERAS.

The issue is, I think NBME won't release your request for transcript until you have actually "applied" to programs (i.e. certify and submit your app). (At least that's what I understood from reading that really long ERAS document about applying (it's like 60 pages so admittedly I only read the part about USMLE). It's possible once you certify/submit your app, NBME will release the transcript the same day, however it says "may take up to 5 business days."

About the Ads

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. Your new thread title is very short, and likely is unhelpful.
  2. Your reply is very short and likely does not add anything to the thread.
  3. Your reply is very long and likely does not add anything to the thread.
  4. It is very likely that it does not need any further discussion and thus bumping it serves no purpose.
  5. Your message is mostly quotes or spoilers.
  6. Your reply has occurred very quickly after a previous reply and likely does not add anything to the thread.
  7. This thread is locked.