Quick ERAS Question

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

BCS_001

10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hey all,

Hope you all are doing well. I just posted this in the general residency forum, but wanted to get fellow psych folks' opinions. My question is regarding ERAS personal statements.

I am applying in Psychiatry, but want to do a Prelim Year in Medicine (because of my interests in medically complicated patients). Do I need to write two completely different personal statements? Or will the directors for the medicine internship expect me to be explaining "Why I want to be a Psychiatrist?"

Thanks!!!

Take care . . . and GOOD LUCK! :)

Members don't see this ad.

You could also apply for med/psych residencies and you seem to have the perfect reason to want to do it!!

good luck :)

BCS_001 said:
Hey all,

Hope you all are doing well. I just posted this in the general residency forum, but wanted to get fellow psych folks' opinions. My question is regarding ERAS personal statements.

I am applying in Psychiatry, but want to do a Prelim Year in Medicine (because of my interests in medically complicated patients). Do I need to write two completely different personal statements? Or will the directors for the medicine internship expect me to be explaining "Why I want to be a Psychiatrist?"

Thanks!!!

Take care . . . and GOOD LUCK! :)