BCS_001

10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
Jun 16, 2005
Status (Visible)
Hey all,

Hope you all are doing well. I just posted this in the general residency forum, but wanted to get fellow psych folks' opinions. My question is regarding ERAS personal statements.

I am applying in Psychiatry, but want to do a Prelim Year in Medicine (because of my interests in medically complicated patients). Do I need to write two completely different personal statements? Or will the directors for the medicine internship expect me to be explaining "Why I want to be a Psychiatrist?"

Thanks!!!

Take care . . . and GOOD LUCK! :)

Poety

10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
Dec 22, 2004
Bible Belt and loving it
Status (Visible)
  1. Resident [Any Field]
You could also apply for med/psych residencies and you seem to have the perfect reason to want to do it!!

good luck :)

BCS_001 said:
Hey all,

Hope you all are doing well. I just posted this in the general residency forum, but wanted to get fellow psych folks' opinions. My question is regarding ERAS personal statements.

I am applying in Psychiatry, but want to do a Prelim Year in Medicine (because of my interests in medically complicated patients). Do I need to write two completely different personal statements? Or will the directors for the medicine internship expect me to be explaining "Why I want to be a Psychiatrist?"

Thanks!!!

Take care . . . and GOOD LUCK! :)

About the Ads
This thread is more than 15 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. Your new thread title is very short, and likely is unhelpful.
  2. Your reply is very short and likely does not add anything to the thread.
  3. Your reply is very long and likely does not add anything to the thread.
  4. It is very likely that it does not need any further discussion and thus bumping it serves no purpose.
  5. Your message is mostly quotes or spoilers.
  6. Your reply has occurred very quickly after a previous reply and likely does not add anything to the thread.
  7. This thread is locked.