Quick GPA Question

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Hoody

Membership Revoked
Removed
10+ Year Member
Reaction score
So I know if you get a C in a class and retake it and get an A, essentially you will have credit for a B (since the two, C&A, are averaged together). However, what happens if you originally got a B and retook the class to get an A? Is that then a B+ or an A-? :confused:

Members don't see this ad.

Ok, someone correct me if I'm wrong, but in the GPA calculations, repeated classes are still counted as separate classes, right? Like you get a C and then an A, it'd affect your GPA just like taking two separate classes and getting an A in one and a C in the other would.

Gotcha. Thanks.

Also I have several classes in which I received credit hours but no quality points (i.e. 4 credit S/U practicums). Not sure how these factor in.

Members don't see this ad :)
Gotcha. Thanks.

Also I have several classes in which I received credit hours but no quality points (i.e. 4 credit S/U practicums). Not sure how these factor in.

I'm assuming S/U is like pass/fail. In which case it doesn't factor into your GPA.

Thanks ksmi117, you're always so helpful. :)