Quick Grade Replacement Question

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

I'mJustCurious

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
OK I already read through as many threads about this but I had a recent conversation with this girl and now I am quite confused. I am currently in a UC but I got a C in Sociology at a CC and I wanted to retake that class in the summer. She told me something about how when you apply to medical school they won't combine your CC gpa and your UC gpa together. Can someone quickly clarify that for me? I thought I could retake the Sociology get an A in it and have the replace my C which will improve my gpa and that will increase my cum gpa mixed with my UC gpa. Thanks a lot guys.

Members don't see this ad.

She's wrong. You submit transcripts for every school you've ever attended. Your CC grades certainly do count in your GPA.

You can retake the sociology class for a replacement grade only if the course you're retaking is equal to or greater in units than the course you took previously.

She's wrong. You submit transcripts for every school you've ever attended. Your CC grades certainly do count in your GPA.

You can retake the sociology class for a replacement grade only if the course you're retaking is equal to or greater in units than the course you took previously.
Alright thanks. I feel bad for her because there was more to the conversation and it really sound like she doesn't know how the gpa works when applying to medical school.