Quantcast

Quick Grade Replacement Question

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

apuri3

5+ Year Member
Reaction score

Members don't see this ad.
Hello everybody. I have a quick question regarding grade replacement...

In my first bio class I got a B-. This was 5 units in a quarter system, and named 'cell and molecular biology.'

To boost my sGPA, I took a class at a CC called introduction to biology - this was a 4 unit semester system class. I got an A in this class. Now I'm not sure if AACOMAS will accept this as a grade replacement course because the titles are different. Despite this, the content is pretty similar. In the syllabus, it explicitly says:

"(class name) is an introduction to the molecular and cellular structure of living organisms, how they function, evolve, pass on traits from one generation to the next, human anatomy and physiology, and ecology."

Since the two courses are different names, will this provide me problems down the line if I try to use Intro to bio as a grade replacement course? For reference my GPA is ~3.5 and MCAT FL scored was ~507

metoo

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hello everybody. I have a quick question regarding grade replacement...

In my first bio class I got a B-. This was 5 units in a quarter system, and named 'cell and molecular biology.'

To boost my sGPA, I took a class at a CC called introduction to biology - this was a 4 unit semester system class. I got an A in this class. Now I'm not sure if AACOMAS will accept this as a grade replacement course because the titles are different. Despite this, the content is pretty similar. In the syllabus, it explicitly says:

"(class name) is an introduction to the molecular and cellular structure of living organisms, how they function, evolve, pass on traits from one generation to the next, human anatomy and physiology, and ecology."

Since the two courses are different names, will this provide me problems down the line if I try to use Intro to bio as a grade replacement course? For reference my GPA is ~3.5 and MCAT FL scored was ~507
The name of the courses don't matter if the content of the courses are the same. You can send AACOMAS the detailed course descriptions from your school catalog and see what they say. But what's bad about AACOMAS is you will get different answers to the same question depending on who you talk to over there.

So as long as the course descriptions match up and the credit hours of your retake is equal to or more than the credit hours of the first course, you will be fine.

Reactions: 1 user