quick histo question

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Little Soldier

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
does anybody here know how to tell the difference between smooth muscle and dense (regular) connective tissue? occasionally striated muscle falls into this equation aswel when they are arranged obliquely on the slide. this is referring only to H&E stain. ive been having trouble with this for weeks, any advice would be awesome. Please dont say practice, because practice is only effective when youre doing it right and if i dont know which is which then i definitely am not, conversely searching through the internet for examples only yields the most obvious examples of each and this doesnt translate into looking at the slides my uni gives me.

Members don't see this ad.

does anybody here know how to tell the difference between smooth muscle and dense (regular) connective tissue? occasionally striated muscle falls into this equation aswel when they are arranged obliquely on the slide. this is referring only to H&E stain. ive been having trouble with this for weeks, any advice would be awesome. Please dont say practice, because practice is only effective when youre doing it right and if i dont know which is which then i definitely am not, conversely searching through the internet for examples only yields the most obvious examples of each and this doesnt translate into looking at the slides my uni gives me.

Nuclei in smooth muscle

Members don't see this ad :)
Yeah, that site is the best for distinguishing between cell types people typically have trouble with.