Quick Interfolio Q

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Aetherius

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
I have 3 letter of recommendations that I am planning to send out to AADSAS via Interfolio (1 PI, 1 prof, 1 dentist). The letter from my PI and professors are both confidential, while the letter from the dentist is non-confidential. I did this on purpose because I shadowed several clinics and am in pretty good relationship with most of the dentists, but I am not sure of how good each of them wrote formal letters. With that in mind, I opted for the 'non-confidential' option in Interfolio so I could compare all of the letters before I choose 1 and send them out.

Is this okay to send to AADSAS as is? Or should I go ahead and ask the dentist (whose letter I chose) to send it over again, but this time with me choosing 'confidential'?

Thanks in advance!

Members don't see this ad.

Uh, I'd ask him to resubmit and use the confidential option. I don't know that I'd necessarily divulge why you want him to resubmit, though.

I'd request a new letter that is confidential via Interfolio. In the e-mail that it automatically spits out to him, I'd just say something along the lines of, "I've been having a bit of trouble with my Interfolio account and although I'm sorry to inconvenience you, I'd really appreciate it if you could upload my letter of recommendation again. The info about my account/letter number is below. Thank you again for all of your help!"