Quick LoR Question

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
D

deleted325463

One of my letter writers taught a class I took this spring semester. I didn't want to wait until spring grades came out to send my transcript, so that class is listed on my AMCAS application without a grade.

Do any schools care that it's not "official" that this letter writer taught me? Can I just send those schools my updated transcript?

Members don't see this ad.

One of my letter writers taught a class I took this spring semester. I didn't want to wait until spring grades came out to send my transcript, so that class is listed on my AMCAS application without a grade.

Do any schools care that it's not "official" that this letter writer taught me? Can I just send those schools my updated transcript?

Letter writers typically mention their relationship with you in the very beginning of the letter. For example, "I taught John Doe for the XXX class...". That being said, it's probably a good idea to update with your spring transcripts (especially if your spring grades are good).

hm... i dont understand your point of trying to beat the rush. because as smster kids we get it better than quarter kids. anyways, berkeley official transcript from spring was out on the 3rd. AMCAS received mine on the 7th. No transmission of any app goes to med schools till 25th. Assuming you submitted by the 7th. you would have been on your way to be the first batch to be transmitted...

Last edited: