Quick LOR Question

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

moosher

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hi,
so of my 2 science letters, one is my research pi of 2 years who i also took a seminar with prior to joining the lab. I don't know if he mentioned this in the lor, so i'm not sure if this "fulfills" the LOR requirement? Should I ask him to add a bit about the class and resend?

Thanks

Members don't see this ad.

Hi,
so of my 2 science letters, one is my research pi of 2 years who i also took a seminar with prior to joining the lab. I don't know if he mentioned this in the lor, so i'm not sure if this "fulfills" the LOR requirement? Should I ask him to add a bit about the class and resend?

Thanks

I do not know that a seminar would count in general. It should really be a class where he can evaluate your work, not just a seminar where you are sitting around once a week reading over journal articles.

If by seminar though you mean class, then yes, he should probably explicitly mention it - he probably did, but best to double check.

i mean seminar, 1 unit pass no pass

Members don't see this ad :)
Yeah, I don't know that that is going to cut it for a strict science letter that some schools like.

I mean, some schools may state, "A minimum of two letters from science faculty who have taught and graded your course work is required."

So its going to depend on how you want to interpret that.

Maybe someone else can chime in here.

i mean, my transcript shows a course for my research. Ya, not sure what to do here. Other option would be to ask another professor...

:/