Quick NEW MCAT Q

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Meowster007

5+ Year Member
Reaction score
ADCOMS: little Q for you guys!

How fast do medical schools see your new MCAT after you report it?

Just curious since I retook my MCAT and results came back literally yesterday. I already sent the score to AACOMAS and posted the score on the standardized test page so just wondering when they would see the new MCAT? Especially schools that already say I am "in review."

Thanks!!! :)

Members don't see this ad.

Email them to update them. Schools pull "up-dates" at pre-determined times I think. So an update this big (seems like you're happier with this score), would be worth emailing about.

Sounds like this is a retake, it recently took about 2 weeks for the AMCAS -> AACOMAS -> complete process for me so expect about that long. Since this is a retake I would definitely email your schools to update them when you get the confirmation email from AACOMAS.

Members don't see this ad :)
Sounds like this is a retake, it recently took about 2 weeks for the AMCAS -> AACOMAS -> complete process for me so expect about that long. Since this is a retake I would definitely email your schools to update them when you get the confirmation email from AACOMAS.
So like cold email these schools? Thats what I have done for the admissions emails and got some responses back. Thank ya and the guy that commented on top as well!!!

So like cold email these schools? Thats what I have done for the admissions emails and got some responses back. Thank ya and the guy that commented on top as well!!!
When you know AACOMAS has updated your profile with your new score, sending them an update may increase their interest in you with your new score. It certainly couldn't hurt.

When you know AACOMAS has updated your profile with your new score, sending them an update may increase their interest in you with your new score. It certainly couldn't hurt.
Thanks! For sure! Don't wanna look like I am head over heels and turn them off! You know the typical stress and anxiety running! Time to go do some assignments and watch The Office to relieve that pressure!