Quick OAT Question!

DellGirl

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
You can bring some notes to the test center, leave them in the locker, and view them over the scheduled 15 minute break right??

Members don't see this ad.

I actually never even thought of this when I was writing my test. However, though you are allowed to bring notes to the center and leave them in the locker, I would highly doubt that you would be able to read them during the break.

Imo, there should be no reason for you to look @ your notes during the break. Use that time to eat/drink something and relax instead.

At my test center, before i even entered the actual test room. The person working at the test center handed me a laminated sheet of paper that had a list of rules, one of which stated that during our 15 minute break we were NOT allowed to look over our notes. If we were caught doing so, we'd be kicked out. That 15 min. break is strictly meant as a restroom break/snack break. Although I will admit, during that 15 minute break the person proctoring the test did not pay much attention to us.... Definitely not worth the risk though lol

thanks everyone for your responses to this and my other questions.

i'm really exhausted and a little upset with myself that i did a full length practice test today, the day before my oat. BUT at the same time am very happy with my scores (this is the only one i did so it's the first time i got some scores, and it's making me feel better about my ability tomorrow).

anyway, here goes nothin. will post over the weekend about my scores and testing experience.

Last edited:
Members don't see this ad :)
I didn't remember a rule about not being able to study during the break so I didn't want to risk it. I didn't feel like going through the process of taking a break then coming back, so I just continued without break. (I wrote down my physics formulas at the beginning.)

When I took my test, I wasn't allowed to bring anything inside the building actually. Once I stepped in with notes, the receptionist told me I needed to return my material to the car before even getting the laminated sheet of OTHER rules haha. Don't look over stuff that close to test time anyway. It's just going to stress you out. Good Luck! :)