Quick question about adding schools + DAT after submitting

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

MAdental

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
My application was e-sumitted last friday. Since then i have decided to add one more school to my list. As a result, i initially did not include this school to my list when i signed up for DAT. So my question is :

Just because i asked AADSAS to send my application to this school, will it also include my DAT scores with my application ? Or do i have to call somebody and....
AADSAS says

"Please be aware that AADSAS is in the process of receiving and processing DAT scores from the ADA. If AADSAS has received your DAT score from the ADA, you may see it posted to your application as early as June 23, 2011. AADSAS will continue to receive scores after this date and post them to applications as they are received."

I dont know whats going on :eek:

Members don't see this ad.

My application was e-sumitted last friday. Since then i have decided to add one more school to my list. As a result, i initially did not include this school to my list when i signed up for DAT. So my question is :

Just because i asked AADSAS to send my application to this school, will it also include my DAT scores with my application ? Or do i have to call somebody and....
AADSAS says

"Please be aware that AADSAS is in the process of receiving and processing DAT scores from the ADA. If AADSAS has received your DAT score from the ADA, you may see it posted to your application as early as June 23, 2011. AADSAS will continue to receive scores after this date and post them to applications as they are received."

I dont know whats going on :eek:

If you had AADSAS add the new school it shouldn't be a problem since you alerted them quickly enough before your mailing date. In regards to your DAT score it will also be sent with your AADSAS, but it will not count as an official score report. If you did not choose this school when signing up to take the DAT, you will need to request an official score report from the ADA and have it sent out.

In regards to the bright red message on aadsas under official scores, ignore it for now. Mine has been that way since June 1st.

I choose quite a few schools that I did not put down when I applied to take DAT. I called AADSAS and was told as long as I checked one school on the list when I applied to take the test, the scores will be available on AADSAS and any school you designated will have access to your scores. I thought this was kind of weird, but any confirmation from someone else would be nice.

Last edited:
Members don't see this ad :)
Thank you so much for responding. I was very confused.

I choose quite a few schools that I did not put done when I applied to take DAT. I called AADSAS and was told as long as I checked one school on the list when I applied to take the test, the scores will be available on AADSAS and any school you designated will have access to your school. I thought this was kind of weird, but any confirmation from someone else would be nice.

I would check with the schools you are applying to. What I have heard is that you have to request the scores to be sent from the ADA. Just check with your schools in case.

Ok i just called my friend ( i should have done this instead of taking ur times , sorry) and he said he added UoP and had not asked ADA to send scores to UoP when he sighned up for DAT. today he got an email saying his application is waiting to be reviewed and UoP has all the necessary stuff.
So AADSAS does have the official scores and sends it to schools i am guessssssing !