Quick Question about Residency Application

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Stillwater45

15+ Year Member
Reaction score
I recently found out that I was chosen to TA anatomy in the fall. The only problem is that I do not qualify for work study loans so I will basically be doing it for free. This is a problem b/c I was counting on getting a job this fall to offset the costs of summer gross (and my fall schedule will be a breeze).

So my question is...is TAing something that looks good on a residency application (particularly anesthesiology) or is it something that is not that important in the grand scheme of things. I already asked this in the general forum, but I am specifically interested in anesthesiology. Thanks

Members don't see this ad.

I would say that TAing would be a nice thing to put on your CV for residency applications, but it's not going to get you in anywhere. If you really need to get a paying job to pay for all the Coronas you drank this summer, I say go for it.

Besides, residency programs like "well rounded" applicants, so getting a job doing something besides teaching a bunch of MS1's anatomy might actually be just as good in terms of your application. I had at least a few interviewers comment on how "neat" it was that I worked at a cell phone retailer.

Just my humble opinion.