Step III Quick question about Step 3

Started by golgi
This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

golgi

Senior Member
7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Does the step 3 exam include questions that have LEAST LIKELY, or EXCEPT in the question stem? I know they weren't for steps 1 and 2 but I heard a rumor that they were fair game for step 3 and wanted to find out for sure.
Thanks!
 
golgi said:
Does the step 3 exam include questions that have LEAST LIKELY, or EXCEPT in the question stem? I know they weren't for steps 1 and 2 but I heard a rumor that they were fair game for step 3 and wanted to find out for sure.
Thanks!

I took it a year ago and I don't remember there being many except/ most likely sort of questions.

IMO, it is really a test of primary care issues; mostly outpatient scenarios; several HTN/DM mgmt, wide range of peds, some OB. The 2nd day where you work up a pt/ provide a diagnosis had a few unusual diagnoses but mostly was pretty straightforward.

:luck: