Quick question and looking for a quick answer..PLEASE

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

MrSummerlin

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
I am going to be taking the DAT during the winter break. Will Molecular Genetics or Biochem 2 help me more for the DAT?

I have not taken a genetics class before but I am taking Biochem 1 over this summer. If that helps.

Members don't see this ad.

Probably Biochem 2... but its kind of a toss up lol

I am going to be taking the DAT during the winter break. Will Molecular Genetics or Biochem 2 help me more for the DAT?

NEITHER! Both CAN help you, but very UNNECESSARY. You should be fine knowing general genetic principles, but not on the molecular scale. In terms of Biochem, Glycolysis, Kreb's cycle, and a few enzymes should be plenty. For me, all that was taught in Biochem 1 so... if you didn't learn that in Biochem 1, Biochem 2 might be more useful for you. I will say though that neither Genetics nor Biochem questions showed up on my version of the DAT. It was more Anatomy/Physio. If I HAD to choose for you, I'd go with Molecular Genetics.

Members don't see this ad :)
So I am at 1 for biochem 1 for genetics...need a tie breaker....and thanks for the suggestions even though it is UNNECESSARY, I just need one more science class.

*Destinedsirius*
Anatomy/physiology at my school is for the nursing program. Pre-med/dent take human anatomy and the only class with physiology is cell physiology. When you say anatomy and physiology which of theses classes that we take at my school matches your anatomy and physiology?

It's not the classes that help you on the dat , it's the review materials that help you. (imo)

don't worry to much about which class would benefit U on the dat...take whatever fits your schedule nicely.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I997 using Tapatalk

neither! Both can help you, but very unnecessary. You should be fine knowing general genetic principles, but not on the molecular scale. In terms of biochem, glycolysis, kreb's cycle, and a few enzymes should be plenty. For me, all that was taught in biochem 1 so... If you didn't learn that in biochem 1, biochem 2 might be more useful for you. I will say though that neither genetics nor biochem questions showed up on my version of the dat. It was more anatomy/physio. If i had to choose for you, i'd go with molecular genetics.

+1

I have not taken a genetics class before but I am taking Biochem 1 over this summer. If that helps.

Not really,
Some weird questions come from Ecology. Take that if you can....