Quick Question Concerning Pre-Req's

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

CadetTpt06

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
So I just recently found these forums (AND WOW AM I GLAD I DID!!!). So here is my concern. At my school, our chemistry labs are separated as a 1 credit hour course and our lecture is a 3 credit hr course. My question: is my 1 hr lab calculated into my science gpa? Thanks! And congrats to everyone who got accepted this year! :thumbup:

Members don't see this ad.

That's a good question. I never thought about other schoold combining the two b/c my school does it the same way as yours. But, I believe that lab does count toward your science GPA. I can't think of a reason why it would, but I could be wrong. If no one else replies, go talk to your advisor about it, they should have the answer.

yes, but the averages that aadsas calculates are weighted by the credit hours, so it should be even to a school where it is combined and counts for 4 credit hours

So I just recently found these forums (AND WOW AM I GLAD I DID!!!). So here is my concern. At my school, our chemistry labs are separated as a 1 credit hour course and our lecture is a 3 credit hr course. My question: is my 1 hr lab calculated into my science gpa? Thanks! And congrats to everyone who got accepted this year! :thumbup:

At UF this is what they did and yes the lab was part of the sGPA