• A new admissions hurdle is becoming more common: the CASPer test. Learn more about it at a free webinar hosted by SDN and PrepMatch on May 6th. Register now!
  • Livestream AMA: Join SDN as we welcome Dr. John Ligon, a Pediatric Oncologist with the National Cancer Institute on May 11th at 8:00 PM Eastern. Register now!

CadetTpt06

10+ Year Member
Dec 8, 2008
Status (Visible)
  1. Pre-Dental
So I just recently found these forums (AND WOW AM I GLAD I DID!!!). So here is my concern. At my school, our chemistry labs are separated as a 1 credit hour course and our lecture is a 3 credit hr course. My question: is my 1 hr lab calculated into my science gpa? Thanks! And congrats to everyone who got accepted this year! :thumbup:

Chuckde

10+ Year Member
Dec 1, 2008
Status (Visible)
  1. Pre-Dental
That's a good question. I never thought about other schoold combining the two b/c my school does it the same way as yours. But, I believe that lab does count toward your science GPA. I can't think of a reason why it would, but I could be wrong. If no one else replies, go talk to your advisor about it, they should have the answer.

Plopper

"This too will pass"
10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
May 30, 2008
Status (Visible)
  1. Dental Student
yes, but the averages that aadsas calculates are weighted by the credit hours, so it should be even to a school where it is combined and counts for 4 credit hours

Jake8

10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
Apr 23, 2008
Status (Visible)
  1. Dental Student
So I just recently found these forums (AND WOW AM I GLAD I DID!!!). So here is my concern. At my school, our chemistry labs are separated as a 1 credit hour course and our lecture is a 3 credit hr course. My question: is my 1 hr lab calculated into my science gpa? Thanks! And congrats to everyone who got accepted this year! :thumbup:

At UF this is what they did and yes the lab was part of the sGPA

About the Ads
This thread is more than 12 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. Your new thread title is very short, and likely is unhelpful.
  2. Your reply is very short and likely does not add anything to the thread.
  3. Your reply is very long and likely does not add anything to the thread.
  4. It is very likely that it does not need any further discussion and thus bumping it serves no purpose.
  5. Your message is mostly quotes or spoilers.
  6. Your reply has occurred very quickly after a previous reply and likely does not add anything to the thread.
  7. This thread is locked.