1. Dismiss Notice
  2. Guest, be sure to check out How To Get Into Dental School, our free downloadable PDF with step-by-step details for dental school applicants!
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Dismiss Notice
  4. Download free Tapatalk for iPhone or Tapatalk for Android for your phone and follow the SDN forums with push notifications.
    Dismiss Notice
  5. Hey Texans—join us for a DFW meetup! Click here to learn more.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice

Interview Feedback: Visit Interview Feedback to view and submit interview information.

Interviewing Masterclass: Free masterclass on interviewing from SDN and Medical College of Georgia

Quick Question Concerning Pre-Req's

Discussion in 'Pre-Dental' started by CadetTpt06, Dec 8, 2008.

1. CadetTpt06

2+ Year Member

Pre-Dental
    So I just recently found these forums (AND WOW AM I GLAD I DID!!!). So here is my concern. At my school, our chemistry labs are separated as a 1 credit hour course and our lecture is a 3 credit hr course. My question: is my 1 hr lab calculated into my science gpa? Thanks! And congrats to everyone who got accepted this year! :thumbup:

2. Note: SDN Members do not see this ad.

3. Chuckde

2+ Year Member

Pre-Dental
    That's a good question. I never thought about other schoold combining the two b/c my school does it the same way as yours. But, I believe that lab does count toward your science GPA. I can't think of a reason why it would, but I could be wrong. If no one else replies, go talk to your advisor about it, they should have the answer.

4. Plopper

Plopper "This too will pass"
    5+ Year Member

Dental Student
    yes, but the averages that aadsas calculates are weighted by the credit hours, so it should be even to a school where it is combined and counts for 4 credit hours

5. Jake8

5+ Year Member

Dental Student
    At UF this is what they did and yes the lab was part of the sGPA