1. Guest, be sure to check out How To Get Into Dental School, our free downloadable PDF with step-by-step details for dental school applicants!
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice

Interview Feedback: Visit Interview Feedback to view and submit interview information.

Interviewing Masterclass: Free masterclass on interviewing from SDN and Medical College of Georgia

Quick Question Concerning Pre-Req's

Discussion in 'Pre-Dental' started by CadetTpt06, Dec 8, 2008.

1. CadetTpt06

2+ Year Member

Pre-Dental
    So I just recently found these forums (AND WOW AM I GLAD I DID!!!). So here is my concern. At my school, our chemistry labs are separated as a 1 credit hour course and our lecture is a 3 credit hr course. My question: is my 1 hr lab calculated into my science gpa? Thanks! And congrats to everyone who got accepted this year! :thumbup:

2. Chuckde

2+ Year Member

Pre-Dental
    That's a good question. I never thought about other schoold combining the two b/c my school does it the same way as yours. But, I believe that lab does count toward your science GPA. I can't think of a reason why it would, but I could be wrong. If no one else replies, go talk to your advisor about it, they should have the answer.

3. Plopper

Plopper "This too will pass"
    5+ Year Member

Dental Student
    yes, but the averages that aadsas calculates are weighted by the credit hours, so it should be even to a school where it is combined and counts for 4 credit hours

4. Jake8

5+ Year Member

Dental Student
    At UF this is what they did and yes the lab was part of the sGPA