1. Download free Tapatalk for iPhone or Tapatalk for Android for your phone and follow the SDN forums with push notifications.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice

Interview Feedback: Visit Interview Feedback to view and submit interview information.

Interviewing Masterclass: Free masterclass on interviewing from SDN and Medical College of Georgia

Dismiss Notice
Hey Texans—join us for a DFW meetup! Click here to learn more.

Quick question: credit confusion

Discussion in 'Pre-Medical - MD' started by tea guzzling traveler, Aug 8, 2015.

1. tea guzzling traveler

2+ Year Member

MDApps:
    Medical Student (Accepted)
    Basically my school does the semester system and gives 1.0 per course that you take. I have taken all the pre reqs and it's just a matter of putting them in for the supplemental at UC Davis but it says that 8.0 total units are required. Do I put it as 1.0 total units per course? Do I try to convert? (if so what would be the conversion?)

I'm sure this question has been asked already, but I wasn't able to find it in the similar threads or through a search function.
    Thanks!

2. Note: SDN Members do not see this ad.

3. genericpremedstudent

Pre-Medical
    one semester long course at your school is worth only 1 credit hour? that doesn't sound right.

4. tea guzzling traveler

2+ Year Member

MDApps:
    It's more that they never told us what our courses were worth in terms of credit hours

5. ac62994

2+ Year Member

Pre-Medical
    Does it show the hours in your Transcript maybe? That's just weird :thinking:

6. avgn

avgn Lv 30, HP 85
    2+ Year Member

MDApps:
    Medical Student
    Correcto! My school is the same and the back of the transcript shows the credit conversions. TMK most schools that do this convert 1 course credit to 4 semester hours

7. avgn

avgn Lv 30, HP 85
    2+ Year Member

MDApps:
    Medical Student
    AMCAS derives this conversion from directions on the transcripts. Every transcript on its flip side has a bunch of explanatory explanation. But you're right, if Machop has a verified app already then it's the place to check. If not, calling the registrar or looking at the back of an official transcript would do the trick

8. tea guzzling traveler

2+ Year Member

MDApps:
    Thanks everyone, checked the AMCAS and 4 semester hours seems like the way to go.