Quick question FA+qbanks

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Rf18

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
hey guys- I've been reading up on alot of great threads for a while now and finally registered to ask for some advice based on your experiences. My question is regarding the study timeline.

I've gone through my first pass of FA w/Kap Qbank (systemic not mixed) took a lot longer than I expected (really tried to fill in any gaps of knowledge I had) I've a rough idea of things now but don't have facts down cold to an exam ready recall level.

What is the next step you guys took-Should I do a complete second pass of FA alone and than start UW-random? Or do FA+ rx(systemic?) just to solidify some of the factoids. Or go on ahead and do the second pass of FA along with doing random uW blocks? Worried I would be missing quite a bit of recall questions- don't want to 'waste' the uW questions (I may be completely wrong in thinking like this- need some enlightening) I'm not exactly sure how to proceed efficiently.

If it's any help I'm Looking to sit for the exam within 8-12wks at the latest. look forward to read your replies- thanks :)

Members don't see this ad.

Normally, you need to go through FA about 3 times before the test.

Since you've gone through FA once, you should do another pass in about a week and then start UW random. Finish UW 1st pass in about 2 weeks (while annotating FA). Then do your 3rd pass of FA WHILE going through 2nd pass of Kaplan (or get Rx) taking up 2 weeks.

At this point you've taken up 5 weeks leaving you about 3 weeks assuming 8 week schedule. I would leave 1 week as "safety week" because things happen and you may not be able to complete everything above in the time limit outlined. This safety week gives you time to adjust schedule if needed.

At this leaves you with 2 weeks to go. At this point, I would do another pass of FA AND 2nd pass of UW!

Assuming you stick to this 8 week schedule, you would have accomplished 3 passes of FA, 2 passes of UW, and 2 passes of Kaplan (or 1 passes of kaplan and 1 pass of Rx).

Thanks again for taking the time to reply- I can see the general outline to the above approach that def helps clear things up. Yup the goal is to get through FA at least once more thoroughly and than some rapid revisions during the final week push.

Alright trying to put the weeks in perspective- i Don't think i can run through FA cover to cover in a week right now- i'll try to cover as much as i can in 15 days hopefully- along with Rx questions possibly? and than switch over to doing FA+Uworld (sound right)?

How important is doing UW twice?? (i've heard mixed things with people recommending doing so- i was planning to tackle it once and go over incorrect/marked questions the second time through to reinforce the concepts prior to the exam rather than just repeat the whole bank?

Also was under the impression Uworld takes anywhere from 4-6 weeks? (50q/a day i'll have to see if i can push that to two blocks a day) Suppose i'll have to schedule accordingly with the 12 week guideline just to keep a safe margin.