Quick Question for a Friend

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Borrow

10+ Year Member
Reaction score

Members don't see this ad.

Last edited:
Hey guys,

I have a buddy who is finishing up his first year teaching high school biology. He has taken the MCAT and has everything ready to apply. He is planning on applying as soon as possible and going to try and have a secondary turn-around time of <2 days. Since he begins his second year teaching in September he was wondering when most of his interviews will be. He was hoping to have most of them done before the beginning of September but it wouldn't be a big deal if he had to miss a few days of work to attend interviews.

For what it's worth he has a very good application.

Probably unlikely he will have very many interviews in august. I submitted my primary the first minute amcas opened, returned most of my secondaries within three days, and my first three interviews were in September. In fact, several secondaries weren't available until the end of July.

He should just plan on missing work, but hopefully he will get accepted somewhere he likes early. Then he can cancel some of his interviews. That is what I did.

It is almost unheard of to have interviews before Labor Day. He should plan on having to travel the night before (right after classes get out), be absent for a day, and back to work the next day. He'll usually have a little flexibility in schedulings and he'll know at least 2 weeks in advance (sometimes 4) so he can arrange things for a substitute.