Quick question! Help Please

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

chelseamapp

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hi everyone! so I graduated from HS with an AA degree and diploma simultaneously. The last 2 years of HS were solely at a Community college and I did a lot of EC ,volunteering, and had leadership experience.
I plan to graduate from a university in 2015 and I was wondering if all of the activities that I did at the CC would count and I could list them on my Med school app.

If not I feel as though I have to play catch up because it takes me a lot less time to complete my degree than a regular first-year student.

Thank you!

Members don't see this ad.

I wouldn't see a reason why you couldn't include them under your activities. The thing i've learned is to not focus on quantity but focus on quality. It makes more sense to do an activity for a year, compared to doing one for a few weeks. I think your focus should be primarily on maintaining a high gpa and dominating the MCATs. If your numbers aren't solid, then the activities really mean nothing. So focus on those things. Good luck.

I agree 100% with the above statement! ...btw that school wouldn't happen to be in Michigan would it? The set up sounds very familiar but, then again, there are probably many schools across the country like that now.

Best of luck!

Members don't see this ad :)
I agree 100% with the above statement! ...btw that school wouldn't happen to be in Michigan would it? The set up sounds very familiar but, then again, there are probably many schools across the country like that now.

Best of luck!
No the school is a charter school in Florida and i agree there are a lot of schools that have this program now.

I wouldn't see a reason why you couldn't include them under your activities. The thing i've learned is to not focus on quantity but focus on quality. It makes more sense to do an activity for a year, compared to doing one for a few weeks. I think your focus should be primarily on maintaining a high gpa and dominating the MCATs. If your numbers aren't solid, then the activities really mean nothing. So focus on those things. Good luck.
Thank you!