Quick question on coursework input(please look)

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

tollersrule

The Ohio State class of 2019!
7+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hello, so I was about to submit my application and I wanted to double check my Application. I saw that they want us to list AP course we received credit for on the VMCAS. I was trying to input this and I know you you put credit as the grade and then AP for description, but what do I put for course level description, course subject and number of hours?
Thank you for your help!

Members don't see this ad.

Did you transfer your AP credit to your college? When I sent my AP scores to my undergrad, they listed it on my transcript like a regular class. They assigned it a subject code, listed the number of credit hours that they counted the AP classes for, listed P for the grade, "___ AP exam" for the course title, and assigned it a course code. So I listed the AP class exactly as I would a regular class, using the subject and stuff that my undergrad assigned it. That way it matched my transcript exactly. I think I listed "lower-division" for the level because my AP class replaced a couple lower level science courses.

Did you transfer your AP credit to your college? When I sent my AP scores to my undergrad, they listed it on my transcript like a regular class. They assigned it a subject code, listed the number of credit hours that they counted the AP classes for, listed P for the grade, "___ AP exam" for the course title, and assigned it a course code. So I listed the AP class exactly as I would a regular class, using the subject and stuff that my undergrad assigned it. That way it matched my transcript exactly. I think I listed "lower-division" for the level because my AP class replaced a couple lower level science courses.

Yeah I did transfer it to my college but on my transcript it only lists like AP Calculus (score:__ Units_4_) so I should list 4 hits as that since they gave it to me? Also the rest makes sense, Thank you SO MUCH, I appreciate it!! :)

Oh, that is less clear than the way mine was listed. Yeah I'd say 4 units makes sense. Not sure how you would enter the grade, unless vmcas lets you enter an AP score as a number instead of a letter grade. There is a thread on here (http://forums.studentdoctor.net/threads/vmcas-2014-questions.1076674/) where you can ask VMCAS questions and someone from VMCAS sometimes answers. You could ask about the score/grade there and maybe they would see it by tomorrow.

Good luck with your application!

Reactions: 1 user